Casual Workers for Warehouse
Casual Workers for Warehouse at DANISH REFUGEE COUNCIL. Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a leading, international humanitarian displacement organization, supporting refugees and internally displaced persons in 40 countries.
We provide protection and life-saving humanitarian assistance. DRC was founded in Denmark in 1956, employs 9,000 staff and is supported by 7,500 volunteers in Denmark.
All of DRC's work is based on humanitarian and human rights principles, in accordance with the NGO code of conduct in disaster relief operations.
- La Braserie Lomé S.A recrute 02 Mécanicien.nes
- AVIS D’APPEL A CANDIDATURE EXTERNE POUR LE RECRUTEMENT DE DEUX (02) ELECTRICIENS (H/F)
- La Brasserie BB Lomé S.A recrute pour ces 4 postes
- Recrutement d’Un-e (01) Coordinateur/trice National.e du Programme Santé
- Offre d’emploi: Chef service approvisionnement et logistique
DRC has a mission to assist refugees and the displaced, protecting them from harm, safeguarding their legal rights, and empowering them towards a better future.
The protection and assistance approach to conflict-affected populations is provided in a long-term and rights-based to ensure a coherent and effective response to the challenges of today's conflicts.
DRC is present in seven West African countries and currently in the South West, Adamawa and East Regions of Cameroon. DRC's current interventions in the South West Region are concentrated in Fako and Meme Divisions in a range of activities with a focus on providing humanitarian assistance and creation and promotion of a protective environment for displacement affected communities.
DRC is desirous of creating a pool of persons with skills to assist with the warehouse activities.
The development of this technical resource is aimed at having a pool of casual workers who will offer expertise in the needed services at the Warehouse.
With that background, DRC now invites qualified workers with experience in the provision of the above-stated service and the capacity to express interest.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES OF THE CASUAL WORKERS
- Participate in all technical orientation sessions relevant to the job organized by DRC
- Participate in briefing and debriefing sessions at the beginning and end of each working day;
- Ensure adherence to a laid down Code of Conduct for Casual workers
- Complete all planned tasks in the required time frame evidenced by submission of completed tasks to the supervisor/team leader.
- Loading and offloading of trucks
- Participate in kitting
- Ability to lift heavy weights (35kgs)
- Cleaning of the warehouse
- Assigned other responsibilities when required
Casual Workers for Warehouse DESIRABLE QUALITIES
- Ability to speak, read and write English language.
- Ability to express themselves in at least one of the languages ?? spoken in the South West Regions, particularly pidgin English;
- Hold at least a First School Leaving Certificate
- Can lift the heavy weight; up to 35KGs
- Previous experience as a casual worker
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies :
- Striving for Excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Knowledge of context: Minimum 10 years working / studying / living in South West or North-West Cameroon. Applications that do not demonstrate this will not be considered.
Method of Application
Applications including relevant certificates, a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than two pages) should be deposited a sealed at the DRC Office in Buea by February 15th 2022 by 5 PM. Enveloped should be addressed with: CASUAL LABOUR FOR WAREHOUSE. Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted!