Job offer: Environmental and Social Expert - Anglophone Africa. HYDROPHIL is currently looking for an Environmental and Social Expert for the KfW-financed “Framework Contract for Consulting Services in Fragile Contexts” in Anglophone Africa. KfW launched the internal project “KfW in fragile contexts” with the objective to further improve the quality and effectiveness of its involvement in fragile contexts. The project’s areas of work include among other activities the design of efficient procedures in line with context-specific requirements and the development of new instruments.
- Project country/place of work: Anglophone Africa
- Type of assignment: short-term
Description of assignment
The overall purpose of Environmental and Social Due Diligence will be to contribute to project identification and project preparation through high-level screening of planned interventions regarding environmental and social risks and potential negative and positive impacts.
General Qualification and skills:
- Master’s degree (or higher) in Environmental Sciences & Policy, Environmental Studies, Social and Development Studies or another relevant academic field.
- At least 5 years of postgraduate professional experience in the water sector.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience with E&S impact assessment, environmental auditing and E&S monitoring of development projects.
- Geographic experience in one (or more) of the following countries: Ethiopia, Gambia, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Liberia, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Sudan, and Sudan.
- Fluency in English.
- Proven track record in conducting E&S impact assessment, Resettlement Action Plans, Environmental and Social Management Frameworks or Plans.
- Prior experience in the E&S area in the water sector, preferably for DFI clients such as KFW, World Bank, ADB etc.