Geographic Information Systems Officer
Job offer: Geographic Information Systems Officer at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC).
- Designing, implementing, customizing, and maintaining Utility (electricity) specific GIS.
- Providing quality control with regard to discipline-specific in-house data capture (data conversion), the evaluation of data acquired from the field, and network database construction.
- Developing, maintaining, and updating the Business Unit GIS databases for planning, monitoring, and decision-making purposes.
- Manipulating GIS data to create information products to meet electricity distribution and marketing needs.
- Developing and applying GIS analysis solutions to meet overall business needs.
- Serving as the GIS technical lead and point of contact on GIS and related matters at the BU level.
- Capture GIS data in different formats using GPS, electronic data recorders, digitizers, and other means.
- Download, convert and upload GIS data available from internal and external sources to make them user-friendly.
- Catalog and inventory GIS data, including metadata creation.
- Input, update and maintain GIS databases, including backups and also maintaining linkages to other databases.
- Perform GIS spatial analyses.
- Capture and update network data as regards new or previously uncaptured customers, network components, and so on.
- Create map layouts and views and generate maps and reports.
- Develop new applications and train others in the use of these applications.
- Comply with Quality Management System / Occupational Health & Safety requirements including objectives and applicable regulations relating to assigned jobs
- Assist in carrying out any other duties as requested by the Head of the Department.
- La Braserie Lomé S.A recrute 02 Mécanicien.nes
- AVIS D’APPEL A CANDIDATURE EXTERNE POUR LE RECRUTEMENT DE DEUX (02) ELECTRICIENS (H/F)
- La Brasserie BB Lomé S.A recrute pour ces 4 postes
- Recrutement d’Un-e (01) Coordinateur/trice National.e du Programme Santé
- Offre d’emploi: Chef service approvisionnement et logistique
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geographical Science or Electrical Engineering
- 0-2 years of experience desirable in basic GIS and Windows operations, internet mapping technology, and implementing an enterprise GIS
- Technical Competencies
- Network Location Mapping
- Network Data Analysis Management
- Electricity Industry Regulatory Knowledge.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Apply for job
Was this article helpful?