Job offer: Finance Assistant in Batouri, Cameroon by the NRC. The purpose of the Assistant position is the day-to-day implementation of the support functions responsibilities.
Apply Before: 09/11/2022, 07:00 PM
Degree Level: Bachelor's Degree
Job Schedule: Full time
- Job offer: Executive Chef at Coraval Business Services Limited
- Job offer: Digital Marketing Officer at PROSELL Consulting
- FairMoney Nigeria is recruiting a Product Manager – POS
- Offre d’emploi: COGENI S.A Recrute des enleveurs
- Offre d’emploi: community manager chez GLOBAL TECHNOLOGY IN AFRICA (GTA) – CM
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to the plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention.
- Take day-to-day responsibility for managing petty cash and cash box.
- Take day-to-day responsibility for managing cheque payments.
- Maintain up-to-date records, and project accounts on the system to ensure that timely, accurate and appropriate information is available and reported.
- Preparation of payment vouchers for cash and cheques and ensuring timely settlement of all undisputed invoices.
- Assists the finance coordinator to perform cash and bank reconciliation.
- Ensures daily, weekly, monthly and periodic cash count is done.
- Assists Finance Coordinator in tracking advance and ensuring that clearance of advance is done on time for all Batouri office staff.
- Follow up of accruals and other liabilities in the BRS to ensure they are cleared before the 15th of the ensuing month.
- Ensures that all supporting documents are complete and accurate before the Finance Coordinator posts the financial transaction.
- Ensure monthly compliance checklist documents are uploaded on the Filling Tree
- For field office budget and all project budgets, reviews, and assists in the finalization of cost estimates and budget proposals, in terms of staff and non-staff requirements, including some programmatic aspects.
- Assists Field Coordinator in the elaboration of resource requirements for budget submission.
- Provides input into the preparation of allotments, ensuring appropriate expenditures.
- Monitors budget implementation/expenditures for field office budget and all project budgets.
- Reviews requisitions for goods and services to ensure (a) correct objects of expenditure have been charged, and (b) availability of funds.
Job offer: Finance Assistant - Qualifications
- BSC in Accounting or Holder of HND certification
- ACCA part qualified or fully qualified candidate
- Experience from working as a Support Function Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts of at least 2 years
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Some knowledge of English
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good in oral and written English/French.
- Good knowledge of the Centre and Eastern Regions context
We are offering a 12-month fixed-term contract renewable depending on the availability of funds
Position based in Batouri with 10% travel in the field
Desired start date: October 2022