Job offer in Cameroon: Human Resources Assistant. Under the supervision and guidance of the Human Resources Specialist, the Human Resources Assistant provides administrative, procedural, and operational support and assistance to the efficient implementation of a broad range of Human Resources functions for all categories of staff in his/her office, ensuring accurate and timely delivery, whilst promoting a client-based, quality and results orientated approach to the unit and ensuring compliance with UNICEF HR rules and regulations.
The TA is issued to replace temporarily the HR Assistant, who will be on Parental leave for six (6) months
Missions / Responsabilités / Activités
Major Duties And Responsibilities
- Support in the processing of entitlement and benefits
- Support in recruitment and placement
- Support in learning and development
- Time Attendance
Summary Of Key Functions/Responsibilities
- Initiates the processing of a wide range of personnel actions by UNICEF rules and regulations, by ensuring all relevant forms and actions are completed by staff and forwarded to the GSSC. Request for contract extensions, Overtime, dependency allowance, certificate of school attendance, birth certificates, etc.
- Maintains and prepares all personnel-related records and files, ensuring all information on each staff member is up-to-date and accurate.
- Draft vacancy announcements for the vacant position and circulates them internally and externally to attract ideal candidates and Contributes to the timely and efficient screening of applications taking into consideration their relevant qualification, experience, and language requirements.
- Liaises with candidates in the various stages of the recruitment process.
- Create requisitions for interns, support in the recruitment process, and preparation of offer letters
- Initiates and follows up on reference checks and academic verifications and ensures the completion of other background checks.
- Records and maintains recruitment files, ensuring all necessary documentation has been prepared as well as monitors the life-cycle of the recruitment process to update the supervisor as necessary.
- Assists team in organizing and conducting courses, workshops, and events by participating in exercises that aim to build the capacity of stakeholders and in organizing and conducting courses, workshops, and events by preparing and organizing the distribution of materials for participants, ensuring availability of training venues and required equipment and supplies, while providing logistical and secretarial support at workshops and events as necessary.
- Maintains and updates a system that monitors the absence of staff. Prepare and update the country leave plan based on the attendance report from different sections
Job offer in Cameroon: Human Resources Assistant - Compétences / Exigences / Qualités
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have
- Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to HR management equivalent to BTS or Licence Professionnelle or equivalent
- A minimum of 4 years of progressively responsible human resources, administrative or clerical work experience is required.
- Fluency in English and good working knowledge of French required
The UNICEF competencies required for this post are;
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1)
- Works Collaboratively with others (1)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (1)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (1)
- Drive to achieve impactful results (1)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (1)
Other Required Technical Skills
- Computer literacy and the ability to effectively use standard office software tools as well as good knowledge and skill in using HR systems.
- Ability to extract and format data and solve operational problems
- Ability to organize own work, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
Interpersonal and communication
- Takes responsibility to respond to internal and external service needs promptly and proactively; takes initiative to ensure that deadlines, rules, and regulations are met. Uses own discretion to address unforeseen situations.
- Demonstrates a high degree of confidentiality, initiative, and good judgment.
- Demonstrates courtesy, tact, patience, and ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Profil du candidat
» Niveau d’expérience: Expérimenté
» Années d’expérience: Entre 3 ans et 5 ans