Job offer: Senior Software Engineer at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) in Head Office – Lagos, Nigeria.
Job Objective (s)
- To provide managerial support to various development processes and teams, designing and building scalable and robust solutions in large web application deployments.
- La Braserie Lomé S.A recrute 02 Mécanicien.nes
- AVIS D’APPEL A CANDIDATURE EXTERNE POUR LE RECRUTEMENT DE DEUX (02) ELECTRICIENS (H/F)
- La Brasserie BB Lomé S.A recrute pour ces 4 postes
- Recrutement d’Un-e (01) Coordinateur/trice National.e du Programme Santé
- Offre d’emploi: Chef service approvisionnement et logistique
- Develop and implement IT standards and procedures to aid in the development of high-quality software.
- Ensure that members within the team understand and follow existing IT standards.
- Encourage full participation of team members within their defined roles and responsibilities.
- Ensure that the iterative development process is properly focused and controlled.
- Ensure that projects are accurately estimated and delivered to schedule.
- Monitor progress on a day-to-day basis for all team activities.
- Actively contribute to the process of continual improvement, with regard to self, team and systems.
- Ensure policies on business continuity are strictly adhered to
- Ensure proper documentation and source code management and also easy retrieval when required.
- Ensure proper handover of developed software to support team for deployment and production support.
- Must be on top of the technology stack and learn the latest developments and techniques, as well as broader industry-wide trends.
- Drive and sponsor innovation in teamwork.
- Build team spirit and desire to experiment and try new things and unconventional solutions.
- Build creative solutions adopting cutting-edge technologies.
- Manage and drive third-level support with teams.
- Provide support to third parties solutions onboarding and management
- Drive good work culture, team responsiveness and healthy work balance.
- Facilitate team education & knowledge transfer by training and knowledge sharing sessions.
- Imbibe emotional intelligence skills and adequately apply them where necessary.
- Drive interview and selection process and recommend suitably qualified candidates for consideration and final appointment by the authorised official.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM-related field
- A Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience.
- Our ideal candidate must have established work experience managing development processes and teams end to end and has a good working knowledge of design patterns, solution/service-oriented architecture, API management and micro-services architecture.
- Has extensive knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), experience in designing and building scalable and robust solutions in large web application deployments, a leader, collaborator and highly resourceful
Job offer: Senior Software Engineer at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) - Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Possess a good knowledge of design patterns, solution/service-oriented architecture, API management and micro-services architecture.
- Possess a good knowledge of diverse development domains – languages, frameworks (ORM, Entity, Hibernate), utility and development environments.
- Possess a good knowledge of continuous integration and deployment.
- Good knowledge of solution risk assessment, security considerations, authentication and authorization best practices.
- Good knowledge of project management, work breakdown structure, execution, reporting and project governance.
- Ability to implement long-term and short-term technology plans, budgets and programs that support and align with the strategic objectives and the goals of the business lines, while maximizing the mix of in-house versus outsourced solutions and vendors.
What We Expect From You:
- A high degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with the ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain an excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.