MEL OFFICER – USAID/OTL job offer. IRC Mel Officer Jobs 2022. IRC Nigeria looking for a “Mel Officer”. Applicants with a Degree/diploma in statistics may apply on or before 28 June 2022.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association, at the request of Albert Einstein, and changing its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the similar Emergency Rescue Committee, the IRC provides emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution, or natural disaster.
The IRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 17 June 2022 for qualified Nigerians to fill in the vacant post of Mel Officer to be based in Maiduguri, Nigeria.
IRC Job Vacancy 2022
Job Overview/Summary: The purpose of the MEL Officer position is to coordinate the collection, compilation, consolidation, and analysis of data to track OTL project activities, monitor progress, and support impact measurement.
- S/he will also conduct development research, engage in reflective practice, generate lessons from projects/programs and prepare MEL plans for the OTL (MEL) sector.
- S/he is responsible for establishing and ensuring better field-level data management systems for the core program s/he is assigned to and coordinates the proper and timely evaluation of project objectives/impact.
- S/he will contribute to the existing client response mechanisms and ensure program staff participation in MEL activities.
- S/he also will work closely with the IRC MEL unit on technical matters and report to the MEL lead.
- Support in conducting assessments such as midline, and endline evaluations, as well as other surveys like FGDs, classroom observation, performance scorecards, and related activities.
- Conduct training for OTL staff on the MEL system, performance indicators, data quality assurance, and facilitative data collection with local partners and stakeholders.
- Participate in project review, especially in log frames, and contribute to learning
- With support from the MEL Lead, establish and maintain a project-level information management system.
- Closely work with the OTL program team to ensure the project has tested standard monitoring tools that capture both program activity and indicators progress.
Qualification & Experience:
- Degree/diploma in statistics, computer science/IT/or any sector or sub-sector-related field
- At least three (3)-years of experience working in monitoring and evaluation preferred;
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online