Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer job offer in Cameroon. Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is looking for one (01) Monitoring and Evaluation Officer based in Buea, for the implementation of its projects in the South West region
Missions / Responsabilités / Activités
Role and responsibilities
- La Braserie Lomé S.A recrute 02 Mécanicien.nes
- AVIS D’APPEL A CANDIDATURE EXTERNE POUR LE RECRUTEMENT DE DEUX (02) ELECTRICIENS (H/F)
- La Brasserie BB Lomé S.A recrute pour ces 4 postes
- Recrutement d’Un-e (01) Coordinateur/trice National.e du Programme Santé
- Offre d’emploi: Chef service approvisionnement et logistique
The position will oversee the overall design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) systems and procedures and ensure that all aspects of the M&E system are adhered to.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will report to the Area Manager – Area West.
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Support and contribute to the development and implementation of M&E systems, including M&E SOPs, guidance and tools.
- Participate in program design and proposal discussions, including the theory of change development, log frame design and budgeting for M&E.
Specific responsibilities for this post of Monitoring and Evaluation Officer job offer
- Support program staff in planning for and executing M&E, including, data collection methodology and tools and data management, analysis and use.
- Support the implementation, dissemination and use of evaluations, assessments and monitoring data in program development, adjustment or review.
- Contribute to organizational learning through supporting specific analysis, lessons learned and reports.
- Capacity building and training of program and M&E support staff on M&E technical and conceptual areas.
- Supervise and mentor M&E support staff in executing M&E plans.
- Contribute to the design of M&E staffing structure and resourcing, including collaboration with program staff to identify and plan for M&E needs.
- Perform any other task assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Compétences / Exigences / Qualités
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organization to deliver desired results.
Professional competencies for this post of Monitoring and Evaluation Officer job offer
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
- Proven practical experience in the planning and execution of M and E with at least 3 years of experience in a humanitarian and development program preferably with an INGO.
- Experience in data collection, analysis, computation, management and development of reports.
- Experience in managing data from different core competencies in a relief program is essential.
- Proven ability to use MS Office software (especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel) is essential.
- Experience in using GIS tools, data collection platforms (Kobo/ODK), and data visualization software (eg. Power BI, Google Data Studio) is a plus.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English is required
- Experience in report writing
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of South-West and North-West region's use, habits and local language
- Knowledge of the context in South-West and North-West regions
- Experience in working with partners eg Local NGOs
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
- Highest standard of ethics and integrity
- Ability to work in insecure environments
- Communicating with respect
- Good analytical skills, with an ability to translate analysis into recommendations for practical action, including concept notes and proposal development.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Cultural sensitivity
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Behavioural competencies for this post of Monitoring and Evaluation Officer job offer
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Diplomacy and tact, to be able to liaise, negotiate and plan with relevant officials, other agency staff, local artisans and community representative
» Niveau Académique Minimum: Licence