Barry Callebaut Group is recruiting a Sustainability Manager in Douala, Cameroon for a Full-Time job contract. The responsibility of the Sustainability Manager is to develop a local sustainability strategy.
He/She will provide supervision in all sustainability initiatives in line with Barry Callebaut’s global sustainability road map implementation and in collaboration with our key partners. He/ She will ensure projects’ defined deliverables and operational compliance.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Source certified cocoa within the target;
- Ensure that all farmer groups are compliant with certification standards;
- Ensure traceability process according to certification programs;
- Establish a certification program roadmap and make sure it is implemented;
- Define Farm Services structures (Productivity Packages) costing and validate with the region and corporate;
- Define and implement Productivity Packages procedures ( contract, downpayment, repayment);
- Ensure the Productivity Package has been delivered to farmers;
- Develop Farm Services training plan for farmer groups staff and Barry Callebaut staff according to the standard;
- Establish a clear roadmap for child protection intervention in order to eradicate child labor within our supply chain;
- Ensure activities are implemented according to corporate standards;
- Design and implement strategic initiatives in order to increase farmers' income, act positively on the environment or strengthen farmer groups and their communities;
- Ensure project management processes, implementation and reporting are in line with the company’s, local authorities, partners, and customers' compliance and quality standards;
- Find, assess, select and cooperate with project partners.
- Master's degree in a relevant field such as agronomy, development economics, or environmental science • Project management skills and demonstrated ability to coordinate interrelated activity streams spanning large groups
- Good understanding of cocoa certification programs or quality standards
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English and French
- Team management experience
- Technical / Environmental background
- Knowledge of the cocoa/ agriculture sector is a plus
- Ability to evaluate and highlight risk, risk taker
- Ability to translate complex technical information for non-technical audiences
- Willingness to travel within the country
At Barry Callebaut, we are committed to Diversity & Inclusion. United by our strong values, we thrive on the diversity of who we are, where we come from, what we’ve experienced, and how we think. We are committed to nurturing an inclusive environment where people can truly be themselves, grow to their full potential, and feel they belong. #oneBC - Diverse People, Sustainable Growth
Apply for job
Was this article helpful?