Freelance Writer and Editor (Health & Lifestyle Sector)
Fast-growing publisher website about psychology and therapy seeks writer and editor.
How do you feel about that (just kidding!)?
- La Braserie Lomé S.A recrute 02 Mécanicien.nes
- AVIS D’APPEL A CANDIDATURE EXTERNE POUR LE RECRUTEMENT DE DEUX (02) ELECTRICIENS (H/F)
- La Brasserie BB Lomé S.A recrute pour ces 4 postes
- Recrutement d’Un-e (01) Coordinateur/trice National.e du Programme Santé
- Offre d’emploi: Chef service approvisionnement et logistique
Do you have experience writing about health or lifestyle topics? Experience with optimization tools (e.g. Surfer SEO or MarketMuse or SEMrush or ahrefs)? We’d like to hear from you!
Bonus points if you have some experience in writing about therapy or psychology or have written reviews of online services. We use Jasper (GPT-3) to assist, so if you have experience, that is also useful. In some cases, we’ll ask you to edit pieces created by a more junior writer that uses AI writing tools.
You need a basic understanding of mental health. That could come from personal interest and book(s) you read, courses you took, or work experience.
You will be writing:
- Informational and editorial articles (similar to the style of Healthline.com)
- Reviews of online services
The site is published by the small, highly experienced team at Clickstream. Our founder, Eric Van Buskirk oversaw nine of the largest content marketing data studies of 2016 and 2017. They were done for Neil Patel (NeilPatel.com). Van Buskirk’s main focus for the studies was keywords in SEO, semantic (NLP) SEO, and how links affect search engine ranking.
He was Project Director for the largest search engine ranking study ever conducted. The client was Brian Dean of Backlinko. 1,000,000 Google organic search results were used for the sample. It was the number one up-voted article of Q1 2016 on inbound.org and GrowthHackers.com.
We are cautiously (very) optimistic about the value of so-called “AI writing” tools. Van Buskirk was an early employee of SEMrush (USA) and after leaving created software that analyzed Google’s natural language processing to help writers. You will learn more about Jasper and GPT-3 in this role, although most of what you write requires original research.
More about your role:
Please ONLY send these types of articles as your samples.
The writing rate is $0.04 – $0.07, depending on experience. The editing rate is TBD.
You’ll be a named author on the site, so you can use the articles as part of your portfolio in the future.
Please do not apply if you do not meet all of the following:
- You’re a native-level English speaker
- You’ve published blog articles on websites in the past
- You can write at least 10,000 words per month
- You never miss deadlines
- You have some experience with Surfer SEO or a similar on-page optimization tool
How to apply
You must include ALL of the following in your email:
- Are you a native English speaker and writer
- How many words can you produce per week
- Short biography
- A 75- to 100-word answer to the following question: Why are you interested in psychology, mental health, or therapy?