freelance writer – thought leadership articles
if you’re a content writer with…
- exceptional research and critical thinking skills
- experience writing for/working in HR and hiring
- passion for producing meaningful thought leadership content
- capacity for 4+ 3000w pieces per month
this might be the perfect gig for you.
what we’re looking for…
what matters most to us is your ability to:
- La Braserie Lomé S.A recrute 02 Mécanicien.nes
- AVIS D’APPEL A CANDIDATURE EXTERNE POUR LE RECRUTEMENT DE DEUX (02) ELECTRICIENS (H/F)
- La Brasserie BB Lomé S.A recrute pour ces 4 postes
- Recrutement d’Un-e (01) Coordinateur/trice National.e du Programme Santé
- Offre d’emploi: Chef service approvisionnement et logistique
- think critically + logically
- evaluate trends by applying the client’s
- write clearly and candidly about complex topics
- understand and advocate for the client’s audience
- follow a client style guide and technical
- requirementslearn from feedback
- ask questions > avoiding blind spots
what is lowercase?
a global content agency made up of writers, editors, and content strategists.
we take care of blog production + topic ideation for kick-ass b2b/tech brands.
to be visible and respected in a crowded market and a shitstorm of terrible b2b content, our clients blog has to be a cut above.
they choose us because we’re great to work with, and every blog we write is backed by careful research and packed with character.
we’re a team of discerning thinkers, from all walks of life, doing exceptional work.
what’s it like to write for lowercase + this project?
we work on a monthly cycle, so you’ll receive your briefs at the start of each month, provide a thorough outline for client approval, then deliver your final drafts in the third week.
article length and specs will vary depending on the topic, but generally you’re looking at 2500-3000w.
there’s no minimum capacity and this gig can grow with the right person.
at first, topics will be provided to you by our team. in time, successful writers will be able to pitch their own topics based on their awareness of the industry and the client’s perspective.
rate tba – we’re open to receiving pitches from content writers and discussing rates with successful applicants.
why work for us?
collaboration: we’re all about solving problems, learning together, and sharing success in our community slack channel.
meaningful feedback: our editors and clients provide in-depth feedback to help you progress as a writer + freelancer.
transparency: we’re open about how we run our business and use your feedback to improve the way we do things.
documentation: we believe our style guides and documentation are the best in the game.
growth: we provide internal promotion opportunities and support your progression to other freelance gigs. we want you to succeed as a freelancer.
what will you be writing?
this project involves writing thought leadership articles for a leading HR tech company providing skills-based testing for hiring teams and leaders.
these articles will be a deep-dive evaluation of current trends in hiring and HR, cutting through the noise and buzzwords to provide our audience with the latest research, real-life case studies, and actionable advice.
topics will generally fit into 5 ‘buckets’:
defining hiring methods
exploring drivers and trends in hiring
examining the impact of certain hiring practices and trends
providing actionable advice for hiring best practices
evaluating the potential challenges and risks of certain hiring practices
the client’s approach advocates for skills-based hiring, which is proven to be more accurate and beneficial compared to outdated and unsubstantiated practices eg. CVs, experience requirements, diversity quotas.
this is the standard:
Implicit-bias training doesn’t work. Here’s what you can do about it
reckon you’ve got what it takes? fill out our form here and pitch us your rate.
if we like your application, here’s what will happen:
- paid trial (1000w at your rate)
- second paid trial (integrating our feedback)
- onboarding + first article
- slowly increase capacity each month
- meet with us + discuss other opportunities (if applicable)