Health & Fitness Editor (Research + Content Briefs)
To apply, you must show you have expertise in the health and fitness industry. This might come in several forms, including but not limited to:
- You have worked as a health and fitness coach or personal trainer in the past
- You have relevant certifications or degrees in exercise science, nutrition, etc.
- You have experience producing content or media for health and fitness publications.
- You have created a personal brand around health and fitness (podcast, Youtube, blog, Instagram, etc).
- You have competed in a fitness or strength sport (bodybuilding, Crossfit, powerlifting, Olympic weightlifting, etc)
At the end of the day, you need to prove that you walk the walk with health and fitness, and can call out bad content when you see it.
- La Braserie Lomé S.A recrute 02 Mécanicien.nes
- AVIS D’APPEL A CANDIDATURE EXTERNE POUR LE RECRUTEMENT DE DEUX (02) ELECTRICIENS (H/F)
- La Brasserie BB Lomé S.A recrute pour ces 4 postes
- Recrutement d’Un-e (01) Coordinateur/trice National.e du Programme Santé
- Offre d’emploi: Chef service approvisionnement et logistique
About The Company
SL Media owns and operates a portfolio of content websites focused on providing high-quality, expertly-written content that ranks #1 on Google. Our websites serve various health and fitness niches and drive millions of visitors per month using Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
What Is The Role?
Your job will be to draft content briefs for writers (15-20 briefs per week, equating to approximately 10 hours of work per week).
- Performing preliminary research on a given article topic/keyword
- Analyze competitor websites to see what existing content is ranking on Google
- Analyze YouTube, Quora, Reddit, and other platforms to understand what pain points and questions people have about the topic.
- Determine the search intent of the topic/keyword, i.e. what the reader knows/doesn’t know and what content they expect to see when landing on the article.
- Determine the “content angle” that can make our article unique and stand out from the rest.
- Drafting content briefs that outline the article structure
- Coming up with headings (H2s) for articles.
- Including bullet points of what writers should focus on/not focus on under those headings.
- Explaining search intent for writers so they understand who will be reading the content.
- Getting quotes for some (not all) articles using Help A Reporter Out (HARO)
- Sourcing expert commentary
Experience & Requirements
In addition to the relevant health and fitness experience mentioned above, the following is considered an asset:
- Prior experience as a writer, either publishing on your own website or others
- Prior experience drafting content briefs for yourself or other writers
- Prior experience using Trello, Google Sheets, Loom, WordPress, keyword research tools, Slack
- A willingness to commit to the role long-term
- You’ll have a consistent, flexible flow of work. We don’t care when you work.
- Stable work as part of a high-performing team
- Ability to work alongside other editors who can act as peer mentors
- Ability to increase hours over time if desired
- Learning the backend processes of a successful content publishing business
Fill in an application form here: https://forms.gle/d4oUDuAZUDXwwEBVA
You’ll be asked for your editing rate in the application.
Once receiving your application through the link above, we’ll reach out to candidates to complete a paid test assignment. If the test assignment is completed successfully, you’ll be invited for an interview.