[email protected] (HigherEdJobs)
- La Braserie Lomé S.A recrute 02 Mécanicien.nes
- AVIS D’APPEL A CANDIDATURE EXTERNE POUR LE RECRUTEMENT DE DEUX (02) ELECTRICIENS (H/F)
- La Brasserie BB Lomé S.A recrute pour ces 4 postes
- Recrutement d’Un-e (01) Coordinateur/trice National.e du Programme Santé
- Offre d’emploi: Chef service approvisionnement et logistique
Touro University Nevada (TUN) seeks a personable, adaptable, and goal-driven professional for the Learning Specialist position within the Office of Academic Services and Institutional Support (OASIS). This is a full-time, permanent position reporting to the Director of OASIS. In addition to OASIS specific responsibilities, the Learning Specialist will work collaboratively with the other departments housed in the Division of Student Affairs, as well as with university faculty and the academic programs. The Learning Specialist provides services directly to students that maximize the success, retention, and graduation of College of Osteopathic Medicine (COM) and College of Health & Human Services (CHHS) students. These services include developing learning strategies and solutions for adult learners in graduate professional programs. The Learning Specialist works directly with students who are challenged by their coursework, testing, and board exams and provides remedial assistance to understand and overcome their deficits. Students self-refer and are referred by faculty. In addition to one-on-one advising, the Learning Specialist delivers workshops and provides workshops on learning strategies, study skills, test-taking skills, time management and other topics related to academic outcomes. Learning Specialists also refer students to Touro’s peer tutoring, study hall sessions, writing assistance, and accommodation services which are supervised and managed by OASIS. The successful candidate must also demonstrate dedication to the University’s core values of social justice, intellectual pursuit, and service to humanity through their work.
1. Meets with students individually to assess their needs so that students may be more successful in their academic journeys. Student needs may include, but are not limited to the following:
i. Strategies to improve study skills, study efficiency, test taking skills, time management skills.
ii. Continued monitoring of student progress with suggested strategies as well as academic performance.
iii. Work with students to develop strategies to efficiently research sources, use APA writing techniques, including how to improve or adapt their own strategies for different assignments and courses.
iv. Referral to additional services if needed, which may include tutoring, counseling services, disability accommodations or additional outside resources. Capacity to determine if and what services may be needed.
v. Prepare and discuss with students high stakes decisions from programs which may include failure to pass board examinations, taking a leave of absence (LOA), or dismissal from their program.
2. Document individual meetings with students.
3. Manage individual schedule around student meetings and other scheduled commitments.
4. Ability to review learning science research and apply it to student needs.
5. Develop and deliver workshops for current and prospective students.
6. Work with the OASIS Department to help in our areas of oversight such as tutoring.
7. Assist faculty and staff in the COM and CHHS to identify students who need writing, counseling, or other referrals.
8. Attend meetings and events as assigned by the Director and Assistant Director.
9. Attend and participate as needed in division, department and University meetings, committees, and events such as White Coat, Commencement, and University events.
10. Engage in professional development through reading research, attending campus presentations, and participating in conferences for further professional and personal growth.
11. Uphold policies and procedures in the university catalog and program handbooks.
12. Provide exceptional service and be able to articulate the mission and values of Touro University Nevada of social justice, intellectual pursuit, and service to humanity through their work.
13. Show a capacity to support and celebrate students from a variety of identities (race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, sex, age, etc.
14. Ability to work flexible hours intermittently, such as evenings and Sundays, for special events.
15. Other duties as assigned.
* Master’s degree required (Science, Health Science, Social Science, Educational Psychology, Education, or related field with a concentration in adult learning)
* Master’s degree required, with a degree or previous background in the Sciences preferred (biology, anatomy, physiology, chemistry, biochemistry, immunology, neuroscience, kinesiology, or similar)
* Experience working with graduate and/or professional students
* Experience with graduate level life or health sciences
* Experience in higher education, preferably student or human services
* Experience in adult learning
* Experience with academic research and graduate-level writing
* Experience with APA and editing academic papers/manuscripts
* Experience conducting formal academic research
* Experience teaching, training, and delivering presentations
* Experience working in online environments
* Experience with and enthusiasm for working with individuals from diverse backgrounds
Skills & Abilities:
* Ability to present engaging material to high-achieving graduate students
* Knowledge of evidence-based active learning theories
* Ability to create and maintain collaborative and productive relationships with various constituency groups
* Innovative and solution-oriented
* Familiarity with APA 6th and 7th editions
* Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Conceptual, analytical, and organizational skills
* Microsoft Office competency (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
* Zoom video conferencing competency
* Familiarity with FERPA and applicable laws, rules and regulations regarding student records
- Resume or CV
Cover Letter (attached to the cover letter link) that expresses your interest in this specific position at this specific institution. Please do not attach a resume to the cover letter link.
- **SPECIAL NOTICE**
As we work to keep everyone safe and healthy, Touro requires every student and employee to be fully vaccinated. Medical or religious exemptions can be requested through Human Resources or Student Health. A comprehensive policy regarding vaccinations has been distributed to the campus.