Mediavine is seeking a Technical Lead to join Mediavine’s existing Owned & Operated team. This person will help to organize and lead the projects to successful completion for a small but growing engineering team within Mediavine. Applicants must be based in the United States.
Mediavine is a fast-growing advertising management company representing over 7,500 websites in the food, lifestyle, DIY, and entertainment space. Founded by content creators, for content creators, Mediavine is a Top 20 Comscore property, exclusively reaching over 125 million monthly unique visitors. With best-in-class technology and a commitment to traffic quality and brand safety, we ensure optimal performance for our creators.
Mission & Culture
We help content creators build sustainable businesses. From educational tools and cutting-edge plugins to ad technology that maximizes earnings without slowing down your site, our motivation is to ensure your brand and business grow in every respect.
- La Braserie Lomé S.A recrute 02 Mécanicien.nes
- AVIS D’APPEL A CANDIDATURE EXTERNE POUR LE RECRUTEMENT DE DEUX (02) ELECTRICIENS (H/F)
- La Brasserie BB Lomé S.A recrute pour ces 4 postes
- Recrutement d’Un-e (01) Coordinateur/trice National.e du Programme Santé
- Offre d’emploi: Chef service approvisionnement et logistique
We are striving to build an inclusive and diverse team of highly talented individuals that reflects the industries we serve and the world we live in. We are committed to creating a culture where everyone feels welcomed. We are looking for individuals that will challenge us to continuously evolve and make Mediavine the employer of choice for people of all backgrounds. We strongly encourage minorities and individuals from underrepresented groups in technology to apply for this position.
Diversity and inclusion aren’t platitudes to us; we take them seriously. Read through our blog posts to learn more about our values and to discover if Mediavine is the place for you!
About the O&O Team
The Owned and Operated (O&O) team at Mediavine is responsible for providing both a reliable, live testing ground for Mediavine’s suite of products (for us to truly create the best products for our publishers, we need to use them and understand them) as well as an ongoing, growing source of revenue for the company. This team works closely with our Product, Support and Marketing teams to build a wide array of custom, in-house solutions.
As a Technical Lead at Mediavine, you will be expected to quickly understand complex situations, break them down, and communicate them with sensitivity, empathy, and consistency. You have a talent for providing written information, especially technical specifications within a remote environment. The person in this role should be excellent at understanding issues, identifying solutions, solving problems, and explaining what you’ve learned.
You love to work with a talented team where you have weekly team time (we play games, have Oculus Quests, and do fun group activities), and you’re supported in your efforts to grow professionally. Whether you have product or agency experience, you have spent at least 3 years building modern web applications in WordPress, HTML, and CSS, as well as leading engineers on projects.
You pick up new systems, frameworks, and processes quickly. You are curious and always pursuing new knowledge. You make deadlines for yourself, ask for help when you’re blocked, and consistently perform well. You’re proactive with suggestions and people know they can count on you.
- Run grooming sessions, daily stand-ups, sprint prep and other sprint-related ceremonies
- Guide the engineers to do their best work by doing the following:
- Setting them up for success with well-groomed and detailed cards
- Assisting in solving any roadblocks that team members may have
- Communicating with Product, Engineering Managers, and Stakeholders to understand context and the bigger picture
- Helping the engineers understand how their work contributes to the business goals
- Provide code reviews for teammates
- Help define the vision and roadmap for the O&O engineering team and developing their future architecture, systems and processes
- Collaborate with senior leadership on the implementation of key projects and initiatives
- Act as a technical point of contact
- Proactively communicate challenges, roadblocks and timelines to the Engineering Manager and Product Manager
- Conduct technical interviews for future openings on the team
- Assist our dedicated Support Engineers in identifying the causes of select customer issues related to assigned products
- Help in some project coding, as available
- As business needs change, be flexible in learning and applying your skills and experience on other product teams
- 5+ years of professional coding experience across a broad range of projects
- 3+ years of experience developing with PHP and/or WordPress
- 2+ years experience leading teams on technical projects
- Strong understanding of modern PHP design patterns
- Experience building web applications and/or plugins
- Experience with software development methodologies such as Agile, Scrum or Waterfall
- Basic knowledge of React
- Version control experience (we use git)
- A passion for code quality
- Experience working on a distributed/remote team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Nice to haves:
- Experience with WordPress Gutenberg block development
- Developing plugins or themes for WordPress (or another plugin-based PHP framework)
- Managing PHP version compatibility
- Writing tests with PHPUnit
- Supporting long-lived PHP projects
- Remote work environment
- Travel opportunities
- Comprehensive benefits including 401k, Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Learning allowance
- Generous Vacation/Time off policies
- Additional side benefits such as home-office upgrades, tuition reimbursement, paid gym memberships and wellness retreats, upgraded flights, cool swag and more
- Company match charitable donations
Mediavine is an Equal Opportunity Employer