[email protected] (HigherEdJobs)
Salary Range: $37,000
Is this a temporary position?
- La Braserie Lomé S.A recrute 02 Mécanicien.nes
- AVIS D’APPEL A CANDIDATURE EXTERNE POUR LE RECRUTEMENT DE DEUX (02) ELECTRICIENS (H/F)
- La Brasserie BB Lomé S.A recrute pour ces 4 postes
- Recrutement d’Un-e (01) Coordinateur/trice National.e du Programme Santé
- Offre d’emploi: Chef service approvisionnement et logistique
The Research Foundation at SUNY Cortland is excited to be accepting applications for a full time tutor/advocate
serving Onondaga and Cayuga counties for the Migrant Educational and Tutorial Services Department. This position provides direct academic
support and instructional services, offers social support, and coordinates services with various agencies as needed for migrant students and
families. This position provides for a flexible 37.5 hours per week providing in-home, in-school, and remote tutoring for English as a New
Language (ENL), math, and other subject-specific tutoring, as well as relevant advocacy for services and referrals.
- Provide instructional support and advocacy
services to Migrant Education Program students in the Tompkins/Cayuga and surrounding areas, maintaining a high quality for direct
- Ability to work flexible hours and provide day-time and occasional evening instruction, including remote work
- Provide advocacy services both virtually and at various locations, including in home, schools, and other
- Connect families with necessary academic, health and social services.
- Organize and plan work independently,
effectively, and consistently.
- Maintain contact with students and families serving.
- Supporting children and families in
gaining equitable access to academic, health, and social resources and services.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and
Other attributes necessary for successful job performance:
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Effective organizational skills
- Technological competence
- Ability to build and maintain
relationships with others
- Ability to be flexible and be able to balance a number of tasks concurrently
- Attention to
- Access to reliable transportation
- Willingness to support students and families.
Reports to the Migrant Education Tutorial Services Program Director.
- High School diploma and/or its equivalent;
- Ability to transfer knowledge and skill concepts to
children and young adults;
- Ability to work and relate well with children through the age of 21 and their
- Access to reliable transportation and valid driver’s license.
- Associate’s Degree in Education or similar field of study;
- Demonstrated background in
- Ability to speak and read Spanish; at least a basic level;
- Demonstrated experience working with people of diverse
cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action
Employer, The Research Foundation for SUNY will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed,
religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information,
predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special,
recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under
Posting Number: S22078