[email protected] (HigherEdJobs)
Pima Community College
- La Braserie Lomé S.A recrute 02 Mécanicien.nes
- AVIS D’APPEL A CANDIDATURE EXTERNE POUR LE RECRUTEMENT DE DEUX (02) ELECTRICIENS (H/F)
- La Brasserie BB Lomé S.A recrute pour ces 4 postes
- Recrutement d’Un-e (01) Coordinateur/trice National.e du Programme Santé
- Offre d’emploi: Chef service approvisionnement et logistique
Pima Community College Named 5th Best Employer to Work for in Arizona
Position Title: Tutor, Multiple Subjects 2022-2023 (Temporary, Part-Time, up to 19.5 hours per week)
Department: East Campus – Learning Center
Rate of Pay: TUTR – $13.00 – $14.50/hour (Increase to $13.85 – $15.35/hour on 01/01/2023)
Closed Date: January 27, 2023; 5:00PM Arizona Time
Working in the Learning Center, the successful candidate will assist students in developing comprehension in the subject coursework and improve study skills and habits. Tutoring is provided either through one-on-one tutoring sessions, group tutoring sessions, or embedded in classes. Tutors are trained and certified through the College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA) International Tutor Training Program Certification (ITTPC). All tutors are required to attain Level I certification within one year of being hired.
Subjects needed include: Mathematics (through Calculus), Chemistry, Biology, and Writing.
Multiple Subjects preferred.
The work schedule for this position may include working evenings until 6:00PM. The hourly rate is based on certification level.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist students by providing instructional tutoring and assistance with basic concepts, specific problems, homework, test preparation, and the most effective use of textbooks and instructional materials in a virtual environment and in person
- Provide students with appropriate and effective study skills to increase their academic success and independence both online and in person
- Provide students encouragement and support in the areas of self-confidence, study habits, and time management
- Report to the Learning Center Personnel any problems or concerns with equipment or materials
- Establish effective and cooperative relationships with diverse student and employee populations
- Proven classroom excellence (grade A or B) in the subject(s) to be tutored
- Written Faculty recommendation for the subject(s) to be tutored OR vetting of content knowledge
Additional Job Requirements:
- Tutors must complete CRLA level 1 certification within one year of employment
- Tutoring Experience
- Comfort tutoring multiple subjects
Positions in this class typically require: talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.