[email protected] (HigherEdJobs)
Pima Community College
- La Braserie Lomé S.A recrute 02 Mécanicien.nes
- AVIS D’APPEL A CANDIDATURE EXTERNE POUR LE RECRUTEMENT DE DEUX (02) ELECTRICIENS (H/F)
- La Brasserie BB Lomé S.A recrute pour ces 4 postes
- Recrutement d’Un-e (01) Coordinateur/trice National.e du Programme Santé
- Offre d’emploi: Chef service approvisionnement et logistique
Pima Community College Named 5th Best Employer to Work for in Arizona
Position Title: Tutor, Multiple Subjects 2023-2024 (Temporary, Part-Time, up to 19.5 hours per week)
Department: East Campus – TRiO Upward Bound
Rate of Pay: TUTR – $13.00 – $14.50/ hour ($13.85 – $15.35/hour effective 01/01/2023)
Closed Date: January 31, 2023; 5:00 PM Arizona Time
The successful candidate for this part-time position will assist TRiO Upward Bound high school students to develop comprehension in the subject coursework. The successful candidate will effectively communicate and help improve participants’ study skills and habits. Tutors will also assist instructors during scheduled Saturday workshops and engage students in a collaborative learning environment.
Subjects include: Math. Science, Writing/Language Arts. Multiple Subjects preferred.
The work schedule for this position may include working evenings and weekends. The hourly rate is based on certification level.
Individuals who have succeeded in overcoming disadvantages, challenges, and circumstances similar of the program target population are urged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist students by providing instructional tutoring and assistance with basic concepts, specific problems, homework, test preparation, and the most effective use of online resources, textbooks, and instructional materials
- Provide students with appropriate and effective study skills to increase their academic success and independence
- Provide students encouragement and support in the areas of self-confidence, study habits, and time management.
- Engage students and assist instructors in a virtual/in-person classroom environment
- Establish effective and cooperative relationships with diverse student and employee populations
- High School Diploma or GED
- Proven classroom excellence (grade A or B) in the subject(s) to be tutored
- Excellent communication skills (both virtual and in-person)
- Professional and positive role model
- Dependability and time management
- Ability to develop positive and cooperative interpersonal relationships
- Adheres to the Student Code Of Conduct and College Rules and Regulations
- Tutors must complete CRLA level 1 certification within one year of employment
Additional Job Requirements:
Access to the following technology is necessary if tutoring virtually:
- Reliable and stable internet connection
- Tutoring Experience with minors in high school
- Experience in tutoring multiple subjects
- Bilingual in Spanish and English