Tutor – Physical Therapy – Part Time
TUTOR – PHYSICAL THERAPY – PART TIME
MALCOLM X COLLEGE
Malcolm X College is seeking a part-time tutor for the Physical
Therepist Assistant program. A Tutor provides students with tutoring and instructional support in an academic or occupational area of study
to help improve their academic capabilities and progress academically, while promoting independent learning and self-reliance. Tutors assist
tutees in developing and improving their competency in course work; and help students integrate and apply effective study skills, active
reading and note-taking, test-taking strategies, and time management and organizational skills to their specific courses. Tutors work with
students in various programs across the colleges, providing individual and small group tutoring in math, reading, writing, English, and
other subject areas. Tutors also work inside the classroom as embedded tutors; tutor students in math and writing labs; and provideon-line
tutoring services to students enrolled in distance learning courses. Performs related duties as required.
Tutors must possess a
Bachelor’s degree or higher in afield of study and subject area related to the subject(s)being tutored OR similar technical certification
and technical training. Specific and additional requirements or certifications may be required depending on the assignment area.
- La Braserie Lomé S.A recrute 02 Mécanicien.nes
- AVIS D’APPEL A CANDIDATURE EXTERNE POUR LE RECRUTEMENT DE DEUX (02) ELECTRICIENS (H/F)
- La Brasserie BB Lomé S.A recrute pour ces 4 postes
- Recrutement d’Un-e (01) Coordinateur/trice National.e du Programme Santé
- Offre d’emploi: Chef service approvisionnement et logistique
mission of Malcolm X College is to provide accessible liberal arts and health-focused education that fosters personal and professional
achievement. To fulfill this mission, we focus on the following core values: accountability, community, diversity, empowerment, learning,
- Provides academic assistanceand tutoring to
studentson an individual or group basison a wide range of subjects in an academic or occupational area.
- Tutors students to help
them gain a deeper comprehension of course materials and a better understanding of work assignmentsto improve their academic success.
- Crafts effective tutoring plans to address tutee’s weaknesses and strengths; motivates students and provides them with confidence to
- Provides students with learning strategies including ways to improve study skills and retention, how toorganize
work, effective use of time, and how to build better study habits.
- Schedules individual tutoringsessions at a college’s Tutoring/
Learning Resource/ Academic Support Center, based on studentsrequests for tutoring in a specific subject area, course or discipline.
- Assists the tutee in problem solving and applying critical thinking techniques in the context of a specific discipline or subject
- Helps students develop positive attitudes and a high level of motivation towards learning and studying, build self-confidence
and reduce anxiety or fear of failure in academic work.
- Tutors students and provide students with strategies to develop effective
study habits and skillsto improve academic capabilities.
- Prepares students for standardized testing and provides strategies to
overcome test anxiety.
- Participates in tutor orientation and attends professional development and training sessions to increase
competency in subject areas and improve tutoring skills.
- May conduct academic skill reviews and lead workshops on academic
- Provide ongoing communication with students, Instructors and academic advisors regrading academic progress of individual
- Maintains records on tutoring activities.
- Provides periodic student assessmentsand evaluations as required.
- Bachelor’s degree orhigher from an accredited college or university in higher in a
field of study and subject area related to the subject(s) being tutored, OR similar technical certifications and training. Specific
additional requirements or certifications may be required depending on the assignment area.
- Completion of tutoring certification
- Experience in teaching, tutoring, or delivering academic support to students at the post-secondary instructional level
is strongly preferred.
- Experience working in alarge, urban community college environment with a diverse cultural and ethnic student
body is highly desirable.
- Knowledgeableof Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
For the third time in four
years, Malcolm X College was selected as a Promising Places to Work in
Community Colleges award winner! The award is given by the National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development (NISOD), a
membership organization committed to promoting and celebrating excellence in teaching and leadership at community and technical colleges,
and Diverse: Issues in Higher Education, a leading academic publication.
MXC was recognized for its best-in-class student and staff
recruitment and retention practices, inclusive learning and working environments, and meaningful community service and engagement
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for
your interest in CCC!